22 February 2009

But Jesus loves me, doesn't he

As I was walking away from the school during the lunch break, Rick* ran up to me and shouted, "Uncle, Uncle, do you know what Sara* did?" There usually follows a story about some misdeed committed by a fellow classmate and today was no different. "She scared me."
Rick is a lively boy in Kindergarten so I picked him up and said, "But if you have been a good boy, it doesn't matter so much what others do."
"But it hurt me in my heart." he replied taking his hand to his chest.
I went on talking about him being a good boy when he interrupted saying, "But Jesus loves me, doesn't he?"
"Yes."
"Yeah!" was his only reply as he danced back towards his friends and the swing.
There is nothing like children to cheer you up and remind you of the most important thing in life. God must have sent Rick to me today.

*The children are real, the dialogue is my translation from Bangla but I changed the names.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAMB English Medium School - Bangladesh