29 September 2008

Home visit



Today I had the privilege of visiting Setara, one of the children in Grade 4. I couldn’t find her house at first, and could hardly believe my eyes when I saw their new house. What a joy to see that they now have four rooms – well prepared for when Setara’s older brother brings home a wife – he is almost fourteen so there is plenty of time before that happens, there was a proper toilet and the courtyard has plenty of room for their two cows and the calf which Setara told me had been born just this Friday.

It was very encouraging to know that Setara now lives in a good house. Setara’s father, Motaleb, had the flue but her mother, Jahanara, got the ‘tea-pot’ boiling and soon had a snack ready for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LAMB English Medium School - Bangladesh